Friday, June 4, 2010

HIPSTERIFFIC MUSIC MIX FROM iTUNES THROUGH STARBUCKS

Brought to you courtesy of Red Plum.

Through this week until the end of August iTunes has for download, a free, hipsteriffic music mix of ten tracks featuring the likes of Black Rebel Motorcycle Band, the Shout Out Louds, Goldfrapp, and Hot Chip. While it's maybe not as "edgy" as Starbucks would have you believe, it's not bad. --Well, not once you get over the feeling that you just downloaded a playlist put together through a partnership between Starbucks and iTunes.

Though a highlighting a mix put out through such an unholy alliance gives me a sort of nasty, filmy feeling on my teeth, I can't pretend I don't use both these... what are they anyway? Services? Brands? After all, whenever traveling, whether it's to the big city or some hole out in the sticks, I'm always a bit relieved to see a Starbucks down the corner. This guarantees that even if the coffee is hideously bad every where in town, I will be able to find a palatable, if kinda burnt, cup of coffee somewhere should I get desperate. And while I find the fact that iTunes only works with the iPod a little insidious, I still use iTunes in addition to owning and using an iPod. Eh.

Anyway! Get the playlist here! They're giving it away for free!

STILL TO COME: SAVING SUX (AMEN)

No comments:

Post a Comment